The basic practical things you need to know about the Right to Participate exchange programme.
- Number of pariticipants
Four in total: two Kenyans and two Norwegians
- Age of participants
- Who are the participants?
Active member of one of our member organizations
The participants will live together in Oslo while in Norway, and in Nairobi when in Kenya. Travelling inside the country during the exchange stay must be expected.
The application and nomination
- The next deadline for applications in 2017 is May 1st
- To apply you need a nomination from your organization. This means that the nomination form has to be filled in by someone from the leadership in your organization, either head of the board, board member in charge of international activities, general secretary, or similar.
- Organizations may nominate more than one applicant.
- LNU and YAK will conduct common screenings and interviews of the candidates so both application and nomination from the Norwegian applicants must be written in English.
- The forms can be found here: application form; nomination form
Scope and timeline
- You must be able to participate in both preparation seminars, the whole exchange period and the two-month concluding work phase.
- The exchange is full-time work so you can’t have studies or a job in addition during the preparation phase and the exchange. Board, lodging and a small allowance is covered in this period.
- You may continue to be active in your organization but the exchange must have main focus.
- Board and lodging is not covered during the concluding work phase.
|Mid-August||Preparation seminars and FK Youth Camp|
|Late August||The exchange programme starts|
|September 2017 – April 2018||Exchange stay, four months in Norway and four months in Kenya|
|May and June 2018||Concluding work phase in sending organization and LNU|
- 6.000 NOK for the Norwegian participants
This includes, amongst other things, all travel expenses in- and outbound and during the exchange, the two preparation seminars, the homecoming seminar, housing, a small allowance, vaccines, visa and insurance. Maybe this cost is something your organization could (partly) cover?
|Right to participate||Content and goals||Application form||Nomination form|