Natur og Ungdom søker koordinatorUtlysning fra: Natur og Ungdom
Natur og ungdom søker koordinator for Young Friends of the Earth Europe
Young Friends of the Earth Europe is seeking a Young Friends of the Earth Europe Coordinator, to support a growing and diverse network of young activists, working on environmental and social justice issues in more than 20 countries across Europe.
Based in the Friends of the Earth Europe office in Brussels, full time, one year fixed contract with possibility of renewal, to start from 1st September.
Deadline for applications: July 4th 2016, 09:00 CET (Central European Time).
Young Friends of the Earth Europe (Young FoEE) is a grassroots network of young people and youth organisations working collectively on local, national, European and International levels. It unites member groups from more than 20 countries across Europe, bringing together young people to share knowledge and skills and tackle social and environmental justice. Please see: http://www.foeeurope.org/yfoee for more information.
Young FoEE is an important and dynamic part of Friends of the Earth Europe (FoEE), one of the leading green NGOs in Brussels. The position will be based in FoEE’s Network Development team, and will also be accountable to a steering group made up of volunteers from the Young FoEE network.
Work will include supporting the steering group and the Young FoEE network, planning and implementing high quality events, and ensuring impactful youth campaigning.
Activities of the Young FoEE network include:
- Creating a strong, diverse and inclusive youth network, with active individuals and member organisations from across Europe and beyond
- Campaigning and mobilising on topics including Climate Justice, Food & Agriculture, Biodiversity in creative ways that achieve system change, and take account of power & privilege
- Building the capacity of young volunteers and activists with skills and experience for successful campaigning, actions, bringing about change in their local and national contexts, and creating solidarity between member groups and across regions
- The coordination role is a supportive and development position – working in close collaboration with the young FoEE Steering group and network.
Goals and Responsibilities of the position include:
- Coordination of a growing autonomous network of youth groups and young activists
- Supporting young volunteers and activists to develop knowledge, skills and values to make impactful contributions to the work of
- Young FoEE, with a focus on supporting the Young FoEE steering group
- Supporting the development of national and European-level campaigns and events that are impactful and relevant to young people
- Creating a distinctive and well-recognised Young FoEE identity among European youth, including support for communications online and on social media
- Ensure Young FoEE continues to work in support of the strategic aims and campaigns of FoEE
- Draft and manage the allocated Young FoEE budget in line with FoEE finance policy and donor requirements
- Support all fundraising activities on behalf of Young FoEE, including drafting applications, reporting, ensuring funder requirements are met and identifying new potential funding opportunities
Applicants should demonstrate the following attributes:
- A commitment to FoEE’s vision, mission and values, and a personal commitment to environmental and social justice
- Organising, project management and/or facilitation skills. Experience of democratic, participative and consensus-based working methods, and (voluntary) work within a grassroots and/or youth network would be desirable.
- Ability to work in a team, supporting a range of individuals, and balancing leadership and service in relation to a voluntary Board or Steering Group
- Ability to advocate for a youth perspective, particularly with colleagues in Brussels and in Member Organisations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programmes
- A good command of English, which is the working language for this post, and experience of drafting attractive and motivating written pieces
- Prepared to work occasional evenings and weekends and to travel abroad, sometimes on trips of several days
- As this is a demanding role, we will value the ability of people to work sustainably, (which would include the ability to multi-task, set priorities, self-motivate, manage time efficiently, and work well under pressure)
The following attributes are also desirable (but not essential):
- Experience of having worked with a steering group, preferably within a European or international context
- Previous experience with Young Friends of the Earth, Friends of the Earth, or an environmental and social justice group/ organisation
- Ability to speak one or more other European language
- Ability to write compelling fundraising applications
- Proficiency in web design and publishing software
Friends of the Earth Europe offers an attractive benefits package, including a 13th month, lunch vouchers, an additional 5 days of holidays per year, pension scheme, hospitalisation and comprehensive travel insurance. We also offer full coverage of train travel in case of commuting within Belgium. We encourage applications from people of any ethnic, social and religious background, sexual orientation and gender identity. We particularly encourage applications from people who are or who feel under-represented in the environmental movement. The working language is English, but participants are not expected to be native speakers. Conditions are according to Belgian legislation, hence the position is open solely to persons with right to work in the EU. The contract will be for one year with the possibility for an extension.
- Starting date: 1st September 2016
- Remuneration: EUR 2,698 – EUR 3,137 gross per month
If you feel inspired by the objectives and challenges of the position and feel you have something to bring to the role, please send an email with an attached CV and a letter (no more than 2 A4 pages) – in this letter please tell us;
About yourself and your background,
How you feel that your previous experience (professional, voluntary, lived experience etc.) has prepared you for this role,
Do you have suggestions about how you, and the Young FoEE network could develop over the next 3 years (please do take time to look at our website and our social media channels for more information on the Young FoEE network).
Please send your CV and letter to email@example.com by 9am (Brussels time, CET) on Monday July 4th.
Due to the high level of applications expected for this position, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding. Interviews will be conducted in the week of July 10th.